"TNL SCHOOL GRANT" Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest as a voter, participants must be U.S. Texas residents who are 13 years of age or older, reside in the KMYS viewing area, are an existing user of Facebook.com, and submit a vote for a favorite Participating High School (as described below). High schools participating in the KMYS Thursday Night Light’s high school football program (“Participating High Schools”) are automatically entered.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KMYS (the “Station”), KABB, WOAI, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Vote
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. One vote per person. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To participate, Watch "Thursday Night Lights" every Thursday from August 29, 2013 through November 7, 2013 at 7:00pm CT on television broadcast station KMYS CW 35. Each week, the bands from the respective competing high schools will be featured during half-time. Thereafter, viewers will be prompted to text the word "BAND" and the corresponding band code listed below to shortcode 45203 to vote for their favorite band. Text STOP to 45203 to cancel. Text HELP to 45203 for help. Entrants will receive up to 1 (one) messages relating to this contest. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message votes sent.
(c) The voting starts on Thursday each week at 7:00p.m CDT beginning August 29, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on the following Wednesday (the “Voting Period”). Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected votes, texting errors, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Text messages must contain one of the following band codes in order for the vote to be registered:
|Week 2:||Band3||Kerrville Tivy||Band4||Steele|
|Week 3:||Band5||Smithson Valley||Band6||Madison|
|Week 10:||Band19||Churchill||Band20||Robert E. Lee|
(e) Voting is limited to one vote per authorized account holder per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Participating High Schools are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(f) On November 15, 2013, one (1) grand prize winning Participating High School will be determined based on the highest number of votes from among valid votes, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
(g) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) grand prize winning Participating High School will receive a $2,500 grant. The use of the grant will be determined by the winning Participating High School’s student council for the benefit of the students.
2. The winner will be notified by phone. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 3 business day of notification. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the grand prize Participating High School cannot be notified within 3 business days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to the Participating High School with the next highest number of votes, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KMYS 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78229 and at www.cw35.tv.
3. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KMYS, 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78229 by November 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC, and Participating High Schools accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Stations, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
6. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
7. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.